We reserve the right to modify these rules and guidelines at the staff's discretion, even without direct prompting of such. These rules and guidelines and any modifications are effective immediately upon the public posting of them. It is your responsibility to keep up-to-date with these modifications as the time arises. By participating here on Catcraft, you agree to understand, acknowledge, and conform to the rules/guidelines outlined below.
The following modifications are allowed:
- Client-side performance improvement mods (i.e. Optifine).
- Aesthetic modifications (e.g. Shaders mods).
- Armour and effect status hud mods.
- Brightness and gamma adjustment mods.
Cheating and using any form of a hacked client is strictly not allowed.
- AFK mining, grinding, or other automatic cheats are not allowed.
- Auto clickers and macros are not allowed.
XRAY is strictly not allowed - this includes any xray-related resource packs. We take Xray extremely seriously and use an advanced detection plugin to distinguish any form of xray, as well as standard manual checks.
- Using clay patches or the lapis trick to find diamonds is not allowed.
Hatred and Discrimination
- Calling anyone about hateful or discriminatory ideas, symbols, movements, stereotypes, or groups.
- Any threats towards other players on the server or the server itself will result in an IP ban. This includes releasing the personal information of other players onto the network.
- Any form of exploiting, glitches and/or duplication will result in a permanent ban. If you notice bugs or exploits on the server, contact staff through a ticket at #staff-help (on the discord server) or email us at [email protected] or the developer at [email protected]
- Any form of stealing, looting and/or griefing any player-made structures is not allowed. This includes claimed or unclaimed land.
- Do not claim land near other players bases, farms and/or structures. Claims must be within 100 blocks from another player claim.
- Any form of tp-killing and trapping is not allowed.
Chat rules typically have a 3-warning system (Warning -> Mute -> Temp-ban). However, each scenario may differ depending on the circumstances of what the player said.
- Swearing/Profanity is not allowed in global chat.
- To bypass the chat filter when speaking in clan chat, use the command /c <message>
- Attempting to bypass the chat filter in global chat intentionally is punishable.
- Any form of spamming, character spam and overuse of caps on purpose will result in a warning, mute, then temporarily ban.
- All names (including nicknames, clan names and item names) must be appropriate. Any nicknames that include discriminatory words, phrases, sexual innuendos, racism, and hatred towards other players are not allowed.
- Nicknames must also not impersonate any staff member.
- Being homophobic or disrespectful is not allowed.
- Spamming items (with [item] in chat) to annoy others is not allowed.
- Speak English only in chat, please. You are more than welcome to speak in other languages, between your own clan chat or private messages.
- Joking about or encouraging players to break the server rules is not allowed.
- No politics.
- No mentioning of drugs in any shape or form.
- Any form of twisting words, bickering and drama is not allowed. If a staff member tells you to stop, you must end the conversation.
- Do not talk about other players bans in Minecraft or discord chat.
- Apps such as MineChat may be used primarily for talking in chat. You must be at spawn when using mine chat. Using mine chat to AFK at farms or increase your playtime is not allowed.
Mob-Farms and AFK
- Automated mob farms are allowed. However, your mob farm must not use entity cramming methods as a killing method. Furthermore, afking by a mob farm that does not use a fully automatic killing system is not allowed.
- Chunks causing significant lag due to entity counts, Redstone contraptions and/or mobs may be subject to modification or partial removal.
- Intentionally creating lag causing machines is strictly not allowed.
- Redstone clocks must not be left running all the time. All Redstone clock circuits must have an off-switch.
- Villagers can not be trapped in 1x1 holes, as they contribute up to 10 times more lag than a normal villager. The minimum space should be at least 2x1 (recommended 2x2).
- Chunk loaders are not allowed.
- 64 hoppers per chunk.
- 128 Redstone dust per chunk.
- 64 Redstone repeaters per chunk.
- 64 pistons per chunk.
- 64 observers per chunk.
- 2 hopper minecarts per area.
- 3 axolotls per pond.
- Previously we had a rule against players using alt accounts; however, we have decided to remove this rule and allow players to use alts on CatCraft. There are no restrictions on the number of alt accounts you choose to use; however, if you are banned and attempt to evade the ban by using an alt account, this would result in an IP ban.
- Ban evading is strictly not allowed. Attempting to ban evade would result in significantly more severe punishment. It is more beneficial to appeal your ban.
- Do not message staff through discord on anything related to do with your ban appeal. Ban appeals will be looked into applications submitted through https://catcraft.net/banappeal.
- You are more than welcome to advertise streams/recordings about catcraft. Any other form of advertising other servers, websites are not allowed.
- Banks and other systems involving storing anything for other players is not allowed.
- Diamonds are the only accepted currency for market chest-shops.
- Lowballing a player is not allowed.
- Scamming is not allowed.
- Do not build inappropriate builds that evoke racism, discrimination, pornography, gore etc.
- Do not build within 100 blocks from other players claimed land.
- Do not claim builds that you did not build unless a staff member has explicitly permitted you.
- Do not share your account with other players or use someone else's account.
- Do not spawn-kill and/or repeatedly kill the same player.
- Both parties must agree to a PVP duel in the overworld, nether, resource and end world. PvP in the catcraft arena (/PVP) is a free-for-all.
- Keep Inventory is turned on in the catcraft PVP arena (/PVP).