Troubleshooting Lag: Understanding & Running MTR
The MTR probes routers on the route path by limiting the number of hops individual packets may traverse, and listening to responses of their expiry.
MTR for Windows
- Download and install WinMTR from here.
- Run WinMTR and enter
mc.catcraft.netinto the Host: box.
- Wait 2 minutes.
Copy text to clipboardto copy the MTR results.
- Upload your results in a support ticket on our discord server.
MTR for Mac
- Install Homebrew by entering this command into Terminal:
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)"(Note: You may be asked for username and password.)
mtrusing Homebrew with:
brew install mtr.
- Run mtr with:
mtr -w -c 100 -z mc.catcraft.net.
- Select, copy (Command + C), and upload the Terminal window's content in a support ticket on our discord server.
MTR for Linux
- Open Terminal.
mtr: For Ubuntu/Mint:
sudo apt install mtr. For Fedora:
sudo yum install mtr. (Consult your Linux distribution's website if these commands don't work.)
- Run mtr with:
mtr -w -c 100 -z mc.hypixel.net.
- Select, copy, and upload the Terminal window's content in a support ticket on our discord server.
- Ensure your network devices (router, modem) are in good condition and updated.
- Avoid running heavy internet-usage tasks while playing, as they can contribute to lag.
- Regularly update your computer and software.
- Use a stable and high-speed internet connection for better experience.
- Get in touch with your ISP if you're experiencing consistent lag issues.